Ten reasons (some serious or part serious) not to read and adapt some of the healthy habits recommended
in this longevity and body, mind, spirit book:
- You believe departure time on Earth is not in your control.
- You do not believe an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure.
- You know all the preventative measures and natural methods already,
but have not the will power or time to implement them.
- You’re here for a good time and not a long time─too busy having fun.
- An extra year or even an extra decade of quality living is not worth the
book price. You would rather buy a carton of cigarettes or two bottles of wine.
- You do not believe an extra year on Earth with your loved ones is
- You prefer a more complex longevity book written by a doctor from the
DNA point of view, or prefer a “dummy” book.
- Exercise is beneficial but you cannot spare even 10 to 20 minutes per
- Spirit training would be good but you believe in liquid spirits. You’re not
interested in developing spirituality (helping others or giving back to the world).
- And finally you believe the author’s “money-back-guarantee if you do not
reach 100” may be a fraud.
But seriously ─ we should all be concentrating on quality of life, which automatically leads
extra-life years. How much time and effort would YOU spend to reduce, delay or even avoid some of the
following common problems?
- Alzheimer’s disease (avoid or delay)
- Loss of balance leading to a broken hip and a dead end in the hospital
- High blood pressure and blocked arteries leading to heart and stroke
(reduce, or avoid).
- Many varieties of cancer (avoid).
- Loss of endurance, energy, strength, flexibility and balance that occurs
every year (reduce).
- Shrinkage of height by several inches (reduce, or avoid).
Just a few minutes a day of exercise, the right diet, and avoiding some bad heath habits─ will lower your
“real” functional age and fight these and other problems. There is no greater gift than the gift of
life. Take control.