1956 to 1992: 33 years as a nuclear engineer supervisor at Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd ─in process,
licensing and safety, analysis and project departments; and 2 years with Ontario Hydro as a consultant
on nuclear safety.
Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc)in Mechanical Engineering at U of Toronto, 1953.
Master of Applied Science (MASc)in Mechanical Engineering at U of Toronto, 1962.
- During 1987-2011 eight times Ontario Masters Track & Field Athlete of
the year, five times Mississauga Master Athlete of the Year.
- Male Master Athlete of the World in year 2005 as chosen by World
- In 2006 inducted into Mississauga Hall of Fame along with professional
athletes and Olympians. The first master athlete to be inducted in view of over 43 world records at
the time in running/hurdling events. Also inducted into Ontario Masters Athletics and Canadian
Masters Athletics Hall of Fame.
- 2001: Self published the 400 page, 23 chapter book:
“How to Be A Champion from 9 to 90”.Fifteen hundred copies sold.
- 2005: Author of 430 page, 22 chapter book:
“The Complete Guide to Running”, published by Meyer and Meyer Sports, Aachen, Germany.
- 2011: Author of a 660 page, 37 chapter book on anti-aging titled:
”100 Years Young the Natural Way” in three parts on Body, Mind and Spirit Training,
Trafford, ,Indiana, U.S.
- Motivational speaker, coach, house designer, poet
- Athlete. At age 82 Earl has now broken 54 world records (specific age and
age group) in master’s running and hurdling between 1986 and 2011 with 45 still existing in 2011.